Endodontics, more commonly known as root canal treatment, is a procedure where the nerves of the tooth are removed. This is often due to the fact that they are infected and the tooth is causing pain.
Rotary endodontics employs electrically-powered instruments to perform the root canal treatment rather than traditional stainless-steel manual files. The electric hand tool is equipped with a tip constructed out of nickel titanium – a material that is five times more flexible than stainless steel.
Due to the flexibility and unique movement of the nickel-titanium instrument, the files can be inserted deeply into a curved root canal without stretching or damaging the passageway. This makes for a quick and reliable procedure.
• The nickel titanium cleans out the root canal much more smoothly and consistently.
• Rotary endodontic procedures are more reliable with less chance of complications.
• Rotary tools make the root canal procedure much faster.
• The electric tools are much quieter and smoother, without the loud grinding that accompanies manual files.
• The fast treatment time, in conjunction with quieter instruments, make for a much more comfortable and less frightening experience for patients.