An essential part of your experience with us is our comprehensive exam – an exam that is unlike any you have experienced. Our examination is not limited to only your teeth but takes into consideration your overall health!
Our unique comprehensive exam includes:
• Preclinical interview to address any immediate concerns and expectations
• Hard tissue exam (teeth)
• Soft tissue exam (gums)
• Periodontal exam
• TMJ & occlusion (jaw joint + neuromuscular evaluation)
• Oral cancer exam including head and neck exam
• Intraoral photography
• Medical and dental history review
• Dental x-ray interpretation
• Study models when indicated
In addition, we also consider your bite at every visit. Keeping an eye on TMJ, headaches and facial pain – along with your teeth – allows us to improve every aspect of your oral health. Muscle Relaxation Splint Therapy and Occlusal Equilibration can relieve even the most painful symptoms, while restoring absolute harmony to our patients’ bites.
We are precise and honest when discussing treatment options and we will always provide full disclosure of where you are on the health scale. A good rule is to avoid starting any treatment until the result you want can be clearly visualized. This knowledge allows us to educate and empower you!